First of al very important consult with your health care professional about all drugs whih you use, such as:
• a tetracycline antibiotic: doxycycline (Vibramycin, Adoxa,Doryx,Oracea ),minocycline (Dynacin, Vectrin, Solodyn,Minocin), tetracycline ( Tetracap, Panmycin, Brodspec, Sumycin), demeclocycline (Declomycin);
• probenecid (Benemid);
• a blood thinner: warfarin (Coumadin);
• an antibiotic: clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek), azithromycin (Zithromax), erythromycin (EryPed,E.E.S., Erythrocin, Ery-Tab); or
• sulfa drugs ( Gantanol,Bactrim, Gantrisin,SMX-TMP, Septra, and others).
Every patient must to know that he shouldn’t take Amoxil if he has allergic reaction to any other penicillin antibiotic,for example:
penicillin ( Pfizerpen, PC Pen VK, Bicillin C-R, Pen-V, and others);
dicloxacillin (Dynapen, Dycill );
ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen);
Tell your specialist if you have any of these conditions:
mononucleosis (also called “mono”);
a history of diarrhea, which caused taking antibiotics.
if you are allergic to any medicaments (for example: Cefzil, Omnicef, Keflex, Ceftinand others).
Serious side effects:
• sores on your lips or inside your mouth;
• white patches or ;
• fever, joint pain,itching or rash;
• swollen glands,
• red skin rash, peeling, severe blistering, dark colored urine ;
• yellowing of the eyes, fever, confusion, yellowed skin or pale, weakness ;
• numbness,severe tingling, muscle weakness, pain ; or
• easy bruising, red or purple pinpoint spots under your skin. •unusual bleeding (vagina,nose,rectum,mouth).
Less serious side effects :
• vomiting,stomach pain;
• vaginal discharge or itching;
• headache; or
• “hairy” tongue, black, swollen .
Amoxili is an antibiotic with broad spectrum of actions, it should be used only to treat infections caused by bacteria to prevent the development of drug-resistance. Before using this medication consult your doctor. Only a medical professional can decide if the treatment with antibiotic is necessary.
Amoxil should not be used by people who have previously had allergic reactions to amoxicillin or to any other penicillin antibiotics (ampicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin, penicillin) to other antibiotic medications or cephalosporins.
People with asthma, liver or kidney disease, a bleeding or blood clotting disorder, mononucleosis should also inform their doctor before they intend to use Amoxil.
While taking Amoxil medication women taking birth control pills should take additionaly measures to prevent pregnancy because the medication can make birth control pills ineffective.
Antibiotic medications should be taken the full prescribed time. Very often patients taking Amoxil have symptoms improvements after the first days of treatment. Still the infections may be not completely treated. Follow all your doctor’s recommendations.
Amoxil (amoxicillin) is an ampicillin analogous β-lactam semisynthetic antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body. The medication is indicated to treat infectious diseases caused by different susceptible bacteria. Amoxil is commonly used for pediatric patients
The medication successfully used in the treatment of acute otitis, media, streptococcal pharyngitis, sinusitis caused by bacteria, urinary tract infections, salmonella, lyme disease, chlamydia, skin infections, acne treatment, and as a preventative measure in patients who have high risks of bacterial infections.
Amoxil may be used in combination with clarithromycin to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.