Amoxil like any other antibiotic should be applied only in case there is a proof or strong suspect that the infection is caused by bacteria susceptible to the anitibiotic.
Amoxil should not be used by people who have demonstrations of allergic reactions to amoxicillin or to any other penicillin antibiotic including ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill) and penicillin (Bicillin C-R, PC Pen VK, Pen-V, Pfizerpen).
It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have:
• Hepatic or renal disorder;
• History of drug induced diarrhea;
• History of allergic reactions to cephalosporins.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should ask their doctor about safety of Amoxil use.
Tell your specialist or provider about over-the-counter, prescription, herbal products and vitamin, which you use. Never start to use new drugs without consultation of doctor. Tell your doctor about next drugs:
- probenecid (Benemid);
- an antibiotic: azithromycin (Zithromax),erythromycin (EryPed, Ery-Tab,E.E.S., Erythrocin), or clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek);
- a tetracycline antibiotic: doxycycline ( Doryx,Adoxa, Vibramycin, Oracea), demeclocycline (Declomycin),or tetracycline ( Panmycin, Brodspec,Tetracap, Sumycin), minocycline (Minocin, Dynacin, Vectrin, Solodyn);
- sulfa drugs (Gantanol,Bactrim, Septra, Gantrisin, SMX-TMP, and others);
- a blood thinner: warfarin (Coumadin).
Every patient should take this drug exactly as prescribed by his health care professional or provider. Before taking it call your doctor and ask him about Amoxil, and then follow all recommendation.
Before you measure a dose, you should shake this dug liquid (oral suspension). Never measure the liquid with a regular table spoon, you should do it with a special dose-measuring spoon. You should drink all of the mixture right away.The patient may take Amoxil without/with food.
First of al very important consult with your health care professional about all drugs whih you use, such as:
• a tetracycline antibiotic: doxycycline (Vibramycin, Adoxa,Doryx,Oracea ),minocycline (Dynacin, Vectrin, Solodyn,Minocin), tetracycline ( Tetracap, Panmycin, Brodspec, Sumycin), demeclocycline (Declomycin);
• probenecid (Benemid);
• a blood thinner: warfarin (Coumadin);
• an antibiotic: clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek), azithromycin (Zithromax), erythromycin (EryPed,E.E.S., Erythrocin, Ery-Tab); or
• sulfa drugs ( Gantanol,Bactrim, Gantrisin,SMX-TMP, Septra, and others).
Every patient must to know that he shouldn’t take Amoxil if he has allergic reaction to any other penicillin antibiotic,for example:
penicillin ( Pfizerpen, PC Pen VK, Bicillin C-R, Pen-V, and others);
dicloxacillin (Dynapen, Dycill );
ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen);
Tell your specialist if you have any of these conditions:
mononucleosis (also called “mono”);
a history of diarrhea, which caused taking antibiotics.
if you are allergic to any medicaments (for example: Cefzil, Omnicef, Keflex, Ceftinand others).