Amoxil like any other antibiotic should be applied only in case there is a proof or strong suspect that the infection is caused by bacteria susceptible to the anitibiotic.
Amoxil should not be used by people who have demonstrations of allergic reactions to amoxicillin or to any other penicillin antibiotic including ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill) and penicillin (Bicillin C-R, PC Pen VK, Pen-V, Pfizerpen).
It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have:
• Hepatic or renal disorder;
• History of drug induced diarrhea;
• History of allergic reactions to cephalosporins.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should ask their doctor about safety of Amoxil use.
Tell your specialist or provider about over-the-counter, prescription, herbal products and vitamin, which you use. Never start to use new drugs without consultation of doctor. Tell your doctor about next drugs:
- probenecid (Benemid);
- an antibiotic: azithromycin (Zithromax),erythromycin (EryPed, Ery-Tab,E.E.S., Erythrocin), or clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek);
- a tetracycline antibiotic: doxycycline ( Doryx,Adoxa, Vibramycin, Oracea), demeclocycline (Declomycin),or tetracycline ( Panmycin, Brodspec,Tetracap, Sumycin), minocycline (Minocin, Dynacin, Vectrin, Solodyn);
- sulfa drugs (Gantanol,Bactrim, Septra, Gantrisin, SMX-TMP, and others);
- a blood thinner: warfarin (Coumadin).
Every patient should take this drug exactly as prescribed by his health care professional or provider. Before taking it call your doctor and ask him about Amoxil, and then follow all recommendation.
Before you measure a dose, you should shake this dug liquid (oral suspension). Never measure the liquid with a regular table spoon, you should do it with a special dose-measuring spoon. You should drink all of the mixture right away.The patient may take Amoxil without/with food.
First of al very important consult with your health care professional about all drugs whih you use, such as:
• a tetracycline antibiotic: doxycycline (Vibramycin, Adoxa,Doryx,Oracea ),minocycline (Dynacin, Vectrin, Solodyn,Minocin), tetracycline ( Tetracap, Panmycin, Brodspec, Sumycin), demeclocycline (Declomycin);
• probenecid (Benemid);
• a blood thinner: warfarin (Coumadin);
• an antibiotic: clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek), azithromycin (Zithromax), erythromycin (EryPed,E.E.S., Erythrocin, Ery-Tab); or
• sulfa drugs ( Gantanol,Bactrim, Gantrisin,SMX-TMP, Septra, and others).
Every patient must to know that he shouldn’t take Amoxil if he has allergic reaction to any other penicillin antibiotic,for example:
penicillin ( Pfizerpen, PC Pen VK, Bicillin C-R, Pen-V, and others);
dicloxacillin (Dynapen, Dycill );
ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen);
Tell your specialist if you have any of these conditions:
mononucleosis (also called “mono”);
a history of diarrhea, which caused taking antibiotics.
if you are allergic to any medicaments (for example: Cefzil, Omnicef, Keflex, Ceftinand others).
Serious side effects:
• sores on your lips or inside your mouth;
• white patches or ;
• fever, joint pain,itching or rash;
• swollen glands,
• red skin rash, peeling, severe blistering, dark colored urine ;
• yellowing of the eyes, fever, confusion, yellowed skin or pale, weakness ;
• numbness,severe tingling, muscle weakness, pain ; or
• easy bruising, red or purple pinpoint spots under your skin. •unusual bleeding (vagina,nose,rectum,mouth).
Less serious side effects :
• vomiting,stomach pain;
• vaginal discharge or itching;
• headache; or
• “hairy” tongue, black, swollen .
Amoxili is an antibiotic with broad spectrum of actions, it should be used only to treat infections caused by bacteria to prevent the development of drug-resistance. Before using this medication consult your doctor. Only a medical professional can decide if the treatment with antibiotic is necessary.
Amoxil should not be used by people who have previously had allergic reactions to amoxicillin or to any other penicillin antibiotics (ampicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin, penicillin) to other antibiotic medications or cephalosporins.
People with asthma, liver or kidney disease, a bleeding or blood clotting disorder, mononucleosis should also inform their doctor before they intend to use Amoxil.
While taking Amoxil medication women taking birth control pills should take additionaly measures to prevent pregnancy because the medication can make birth control pills ineffective.
Antibiotic medications should be taken the full prescribed time. Very often patients taking Amoxil have symptoms improvements after the first days of treatment. Still the infections may be not completely treated. Follow all your doctor’s recommendations.
Amoxil (amoxicillin) is an ampicillin analogous β-lactam semisynthetic antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body. The medication is indicated to treat infectious diseases caused by different susceptible bacteria. Amoxil is commonly used for pediatric patients
The medication successfully used in the treatment of acute otitis, media, streptococcal pharyngitis, sinusitis caused by bacteria, urinary tract infections, salmonella, lyme disease, chlamydia, skin infections, acne treatment, and as a preventative measure in patients who have high risks of bacterial infections.
Amoxil may be used in combination with clarithromycin to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.